As I mentioned in some of my previous posts I am always on the look out for affordable alternatives of the high-end products and another such attempt was made here. In theory the Fit ME range by Maybelline makes great sense but as usual India Market did not get the full shade-range, which was quite disappointing. Out of the one’s available I was able to try the Shade 330 Toffee Caramel.
₹460 reduced to ₹322 for 8.5 grams
- Fit me pressed powder provides breathable, long wearing, lightweight coverage with a natural, smooth finish
- Anti shine perlite absorbs oil for a naturally matte finish without looking cakey
- Gives a natural finish and does not look cakey
- Dermatologist and allergy tested
- Oil free and does not clog pores
- Suitable for sensitive skin and all skin types
- For best results, use with the fit me foundation, fit me concealer and fit me blush
It doesn’t have any perceptible fragrance which is a definite point in its favor. The product is surprisingly good quality. It is very finely milled and gives good coverage. It spreads very easily and can be built up without looking excessive.
It has a silky- semi matte finish and does a good job of minimizing the appearance of pores, this is perhaps due to the fine milling so it’s equally important to remove it completely at the end of the day. The mattifying effect isn’t stark as some of the other products and gives a healthy looking finish to the skin.
The pigmentation is pretty good even when the powder is used by itself. These powders from the Fit Me range have a complimentary liquid foundation shade and are meant to be used with each other. I don’t have this particular foundation but it works equally well over other foundations. It can also be used with a brush for a lighter, more natural finish and to set the concealer. It lasts for 3-4 hours after which I would recommend you re-apply.
I have yet again gone wrong with the shade and 330 Toffee Caramel is considerably dark for me. So after trying to make it work in various ways I have figured out it works best when I use it for subtle contouring & bronzing using a brush. This shade will work best for MAC NC 42 – 44 skin shade range folks.
- Easily available offline
- Good Quality at affordable price point
- Travel friendly Packaging
- No SPF
- Mirror inconveniently placed at the back of the product
- Limited Shade Range available
At the price point it is being sold I definitely think it’s a good buy. The product performance exceeded my expectations and provides good value for money. If you have tried this let me know your experiences in the comments.
Also check out some of the other pressed powders I have tried here: