M-Caffeine as a brand never really caught my eye primarily because the market is abuzz with coffee based products offered by numerous new entrants and there is only so much one can keep up with! I would have never tried it unless Ms. Super Consumer encouraged me to check out some options from M-Caffeine and I am glad I did! The first one that I dove into was the Naked & Raw – Coffee Body Scrub.
Cost: 449 INR for 100 grams
Buy Online: Here
- A scrub crafted from Pure Arabica Coffee and Cold Pressed Coconut Oil. The scrub exfoliates dead skin cells and helps get rid of blackheads, tan and impurities. It polishes the skin and deep cleanses your pores so that your skin is smooth, glowing and breathes free.
- The perfectly sized raw coffee particles are very effective yet gentle on your skin. Unlike other body scrubs, this body scrub doesn’t dry out the skin and helps retain the moisture to keep your skin hydrated and nourished.
- It targets not only the most exposed areas of the body but also those hidden problem areas where the skin is easily darkened and becomes rough.
Pure Arabica Coffee – Exfoliates | Smoothens Skin | Polishes Skin | Reduces Cellulite
Caffeine – Reduces Puffiness | Fights Free Radicals | Even Tones
Coconut Oil – Nourishes | Reduces Stretch Marks | Softens Skin
How to Use- as suggested by the Brand
- On wet body, take enough quantity, apply the scrub to shoulders and spread it all over the upper body, re-apply on legs. Avoid any contact with eyes.
- Gently scrub in circular motions for a few minutes, focusing more on knees, elbows, and neck.
- Rinse with warm water. Pat dry and follow with the application of body lotion or body butter to soothe and close the open pores. Use it twice a week to glow on.
The product come packed in a glass mason jar, which is (sort-of) an eco friendly decision as it can be re-used in the future. It doesn’t make it very travel friendly but then I don’t see that as a very big issue as it is easy to carry product in a little zip lock bag or a travel container. The brand also provides a scoop which is great to prevent the product from getting damp or contaminated.
The formula is a finely ground blend of coffee beans which remains together and doesn’t fly around due to the Coconut oil content in it. The beans are all evenly ground which is nice as it is not very abrasive on the skin.
The best part of the product is the divine coffee fragrance that fills up the whole shower as soon as you open the jar. It is especially a very welcome sensory jolt in the mornings but I would recommend that people who are sensitive to the scent of coffee should keep away from it during the night so that restful sleep doesn’t evade them!
I use the scrub once or twice a week for a quick pick-me-up in the mornings. I use a scoop and spread it all over the cleansed damp skin, gently massage it for a few minutes concentrating it over elbows & knees. This which helps in removal of dead skin and helps in blood-circulation. Post this I rinse it off carefully, otherwise the leftover granules can irritate the skin. Afterwards the skin feels hydrated and refreshed and my spirits feel uplifted which is definitely an attribute of the coffee fragrance.
I make sure to not use this on my face as the ground beans can be very abrasive for the facial skin which is far more delicate as compared to skin on the rest of the body. Unfortunately the coffee scent doesn’t last at all after the skin is rinsed which is perhaps the only glaring drawback of this product.
- SLS and Paraben free, Vegan & Cruelty Free
- Sustainable Packaging
- Great Coffee Scent
- The scent doesn’t last more than a few minutes
- Need to clean the shower floors post rinse.
- Not easily available offline.
Honestly making a homemade coffee scrub is super easy and guarantees complete control over natural ingredients but not everyone has the time or inclination so this one is a viable packaged option. It smells great but I would have appreciated it far more if that scent could last longer. The skin feels refreshed and hydrated after use so it can make for a lovely addition to your morning shower routine.
Let me know in the comments if you have tried this and what is your opinion about Body Scrubs in general. Do let me know if you have any other recommendations for me to try out. Also swing by my Instagram for your daily dose of Beauty Flatlays and interesting Story Updates.