The kind folks at Mirabela gifted me a couple of their herbal powders. I have never really used herbal powders in my skincare routine so I was excited to try this Rose Petal Powder by Mirabela. Before that I also needed to figure out how to make the best use of it so read on for what I discovered.
The Benefits of Rose Petal Powder for Skin and Wellness
Roses are a symbol of love and beauty, and for good reason. They are also a powerhouse of nutrients and antioxidants that can be beneficial for the skin and overall health. So its only natural that over times we have learnt to utilise the flower in many forms like essential oils, dried petals, essence and powders.
Rose petal powder is made by drying and grinding rose petals, which makes it convenient for use and increasing its longevity. It can be used in a variety of ways to improve skin health, reduce stress, and boost overall well-being. It can also be used in edible products. Rose petals powder offers antioxidant properties, which make the skin feel healthy, bright and glowing. Rose petals are also rich in rose oil which offers multiple benefits for skin care since ancient times.
Mirabela – the brand.
Mirabela is a home grown woman-led beauty brand that finds inspiration from Mother nature and science backed innovation. The name Mirabela stems from a Latin word, meaning “wondrous” or “of wondrous beauty”. They claim to use the best quality plant based ingrdients in their offerings.
The brand is helmed by Divya Lalwani who holds a degree in engineering and is a skincare enthusiast herself. Read more about the brand here.
Claims – Rose Petal Powder by Mirabela
Mirabela Rose Petals Powder is made from just the petals of Indian Damask Rose flowers grown in Kannauj. Rose petals are shade dried and ground into powder. This Powder is of premium and edible grade.
Benefits for skin.
- Mildly exfoliate the skin to keep it healthy, youthful and glowing – Helps to get rid of dead skin cells, excess oil, dirt, cleanses skin pores and enhance skin cell turnover. Beneficial for oily skin.
- Natural astringent property helps tone the skin – Tightens the pores of skin and smoothens its texture.
- Natural Moisturizers & softens the skin – Rose oil in the dried rose petal flowers soothes and nourishes the skin.
- Cooling and soothing for the skin : Roses have cooling property and help offer calming and relaxing feeling and also helps calm redness on face.
- Balances skin pH
Benefits for hair
- Cleanses the scalp : Aids getting rid of extra sebum and dead skin cells.
- Balances scalp pH
Net weight : 85 grams
Ingredients : Rose Petals (Rosa Centifolia) powder.
How to Use Rose Petal Powder by Mirabela
It took me a while to figure out the best ways to use the powder. Something that I instantly tried was using it like an “Ubtan” – basically making a thick paste and gently massaging it on skin. It makes for a lovely self care experience leaving behind skin that felt energised, soft and I observed a reduction in tan almost instantly.
Here are some other ways of using it:
- Face Mask: Mix 1 tablespoon of rose petal powder with enough water or milk to form a paste. Add a tea spoon of raw honey. Apply the paste to your face and neck and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with cool water.
- Use as a toner: Mix 1 teaspoon of rose petal powder with 1 cup of rose water. Apply the toner to your face with a cotton ball after cleansing.
- Foot Soak: Add 1 table spoon of rose petal powder into the tub to create a relaxing and therapeutic soak.
- Face/Body/Lip scrub: Mix together 2 teaspoons each of Rose Petals Powder, Oats Flour and Rice Flour. Gently massage it on damp skin and rinse well. This will help remove dead skin cells, ingrown hair growth, tan and pigmentation.
No matter how you choose to use it, rose petal powder is a natural and effective way to improve your skin health and overall well-being.
Here are some additional tips for using rose petal powder:
- Look for rose petal powder that is made from organic, non-GMO roses.
- Store the powder in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
- The powder can be used for up to 12 months.
Closing Thoughts- Rose Petal Powder by Mirabela
I found the Rose Petal powder by Mirabela to be of a great quality and very versatile as a product. It has a lovely fragrance and comes in plastic jar that is convenient to store. The fact that it is edible grade makes me feel quite confident to use it on my skin. The quantity and efficacy of the product makes it a value for money choice amongst the competition. If you are interested in trying it, it is available on Mirabela’s webpage.
I would love it if you can let me know your experiences with Herbal Powders and how you use them. Lets also connect on Instagram to discuss all things beauty.