I cannot deny I am a fan of this French Pharmacy brand! Infact one of my first post when I started this blog was a review of their uber popular Micellar water after which there was no stopping me! I have tried a few products from their Hydrabio Range and some from the Sebium Range. In this post I am reviewing the Mat Control Moisturizer from their Sebium Range. This is essentially a shine-control (mattifying)
cream fluid targeted at moisturizing oily – combination skin.
The brand claims that “Sebium Mat Control from Bioderma provides the perfect canvas to create a smooth look. Crafted with mattifying ingredients like zinc and vitamin B6, this shine control moisturizer hydrates and refines the texture of your skin.”
Cost: 1500 INR for 30 ml
Buy Online: Here
- Sebium line is made for for oily, combination, acne-prone and irregular skin. As a regulator of sebum quality, the exclusive, dermo-patented Fluidactiv® complex is at the heart of our Sebium line.
- Sebium Mat Control is a shine-control, moisturizing treatment that regulates shine while offering excellent tolerance. It improves skin texture, tightens pores and reduces the appearance of irregularities.
- Treating both causes and symptoms of shine, it moisturizes and mattifies, thanks to absorbing powder: say goodbye to shine, dilated pores, irregular and/or dull-looking skin.
- Suitable for sensitive, oily, combination, shiny and/or acne-prone skin, Sebium Mat Control does not only improve skin instantly: it transforms it deeply, enhancing it day after day.
- Fresh and ultra-sensory texture that does not fluff, Sebium Mat Control quickly penetrates, leaving your skin more comfortable. Its Mat & Smooth technology starts working immediately to reveal beauty and radiance for eight hours.
- Shine-control treatment’s special powder acts instantly, softening and mattifying for eight hours until it reaches a 90-percent effect after seven days. Shine decreases of 31% in 28 days.
- Paraben-free, Hypoallergenic & Non-comedogenic
- D.A.F.(Dermatological Advanced Formulation): With a seaweed extract and a combination of ingredients working in a mild, synergistic and complementary way, this technology helps to improve the tolerance threshold of the skin.
- Fluidactiv® Patent This technology normalizes sebum quality hence preventing irregularities. Fluidactiv® complex purifies the appearance of epidermis by normalizing sebum quality, which limits pore obstruction and helps prevent irregularities.
Aqua/water/eau, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasioxane , Dipropylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Hdi/ Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Vinyl Dimethicone/methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Zinc Gluconate, Disodium Edta, Salicylic Acid, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Ydroxide, Dodecyl Gallate, Pyridoxine Hcl, Fomes Officinalis (mushroom) Extract, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (parfum). [bi 724]
Key Ingredients to know:
-Zinc is known to purify the skin while Vitamin B6 regulates shine.
-Agaric and Salicylic Acids refine skin texture while tightening pores.
-Glycerin moisturizes the skin, making it smoother and healthier.
Before I get into the review I think it is important to mention this is a product that is especially meant for Oily – Combination Skin Type. Folks with Normal to Dry Skin this is not for you. (but you may want to consider this one instead.)
This comes packed in a plastic (PE) tube with a dispenser that regulates the flow. This was a good design decision by the brand because the consistency of the moisturizer is thin and runny so the dispenser helps regulate the flow.
It has a slight mellow fragrance to it! I prefer my skincare products to be fragrance free so this knocks off a few points but fortunately the scent is mellow and does not linger or overwhelm the senses.
I have a combination skin type – Oily T-Zone and Normal to Dry Cheeks. This also changes a little with the season where the skin becomes more oily during the monsoon and summers when the humidity is higher. Also when I travel to areas that have a humid climate my skin tends to become oily over all.
When I first squeezed out some product it had separated into layers which was perhaps since the tube was sitting in the same position for a while! I gave it a good shake and dispensed some on my palm. First time when I saw the run-y liquid consistency I thought to myself that it was never going to be moisturizing enough but I was in for a surprise.
After application it immediately mattifies the face and at the same time hydrates it. It is not often one comes across a mattifying product that can also provide sufficient hydration. Here again it is important to note that it is specifically meant for oily skin and the hydration may not be enough for other skin types. (Dry Skin Peeps – this one is for you)
I apply this in my AM skin care routine over cleansed skin. I need a pea size drop for my face and I focus it especially on my T-zone. The skin feels refreshed and smooth. It gives a matte look without making the skin look dull or dehydrated. I generally apply my sunscreen over it but it can very well also serve as a primer base for Foundation or BB cream.
After my morning routine I head to work and spend most of my day in a centrally air conditioned environment. Normally by mid day I tend to get shiny on my Nose, Forehead and Eyelids (I have very oily lids – so weird – tell me I not the only one!) but on the days I use this product I have noticed the face remains matte for longer. The brand also suggests for enhanced effectiveness this can be used after cleansing with the Sebium Foaming Gel.
The product also claims to improves skin texture, tightens pores and reduces the appearance of irregularities. I was not able to observe this just by using one tube of the product. I suppose perceptible difference can only be noticed after continuous use for a very long time.
- Effectively controls shine.
- Thoughtful Packaging which is Travel friendly
- Not easily available offline.
I often have to travel to Chennai for work. Chennai is located in South India and is on the coast. Due to its proximity to the ocean it has high humidity and heat. I always make sure I bring this product along on my business trips and it ensure that my face looks fresh but not greasy and shiny during my meetings.
There is no denying the efficacy of this fluid and it has quickly turned into my summer staple. I cannot recommend this product enough to the folks who have oily skin and struggle with sebum.
If you have tried this I would love to know your experience in the comments. Also if you have any other recommendations for moisturizers that are suitable for combination skin I could use the tips. Also find me on Instagram so that we can talk all things beauty!