I am a self-proclaimed Sunscreen fanatic! I jumped on the bandwagon late but now that I am on it I am very vocal about getting more people on board. If you are new to the sunscreen concept I strongly urge you to check out this post about some Sunscreen Facts and Fictions.
I am always up to try new Sunscreens in the quest to find something that is comfortable and effective. So I was more than happy to try the Loveisderma Sunscreen offerings. I got two of them The UV Clear and UV Shield. I hit the clear variant first and it honestly has surprised me.
LOVEISDERMA is one of the many brands under the parent company – Innovation Biotechnology which is a Taiwan‘s based pharmaceutical company that was established in 2005. It is engaged in making medical grade cosmetics. They claim to collaborate with laboratories in Taiwan and abroad to develop unique and effective formulas for delaying skin aging and skin problems.
Learn more about them here.
430 NT = 1029 INR for 50 ml
● Protect against UVA and UVB to effectively block UV rays and prevent aging and sunburn caused by sunlight.
● Innovative formula of extremely refreshing lotion with high concentration of OMC and Uvinul A Plus to enhance UV protection.
● Add vitamin B3 and organic elderflower, olive leaves, seaweed and Hawaiian volcanic soybean oil to extract and plant sterols to maintain proper moisturizing and repairing to resist skin aging.
● Light and hydrated, not greasy, easy to apply, transparent, natural and bright skin tone, makes makeup more beautiful.
Active Ingredients: Octylmethoxy Cinnamate 8.63% , Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate 3.91%.
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, MacadamiaIntegrifolia Seed oil, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Cetyl PEG (PPG-10 /1 Dimethicone), Niacinamide, Caprylic -Capric Triglyceride, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Trehalose, Urea, Serine, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Algin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pullulan, Disodium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Laminaria saccharina extract, Phytosteryl (Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate), Sorbitan Oleate, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin.
- Octylmethoxy Cinnamate (8.63%) – OMC is a widely utilized chemical UV filter that specifically protects against UVB radiation.
- Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate (3.91%) – Abbreviated as DHHB and known as Uvinul A Plus, is a chemical UV filter that specifically protects against UVA radiation.
- Titanium Dioxide – Abbreviated as TiO2, this is a popular and widely used physical UV barrier that protects against both UVA and UVB radiation. This ingredient is notoriously for the white cast issue common among sunscreens.
- Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil – Natural skin conditioner that offers anti-inflammatory and anti-aging benefits while promoting healing and repair.
- Sambucus Nigra (Elder) Flower Extract – Natural extract from Elderberry that works to reduce puffiness & redness of the face.
- Niacinamide – Powerful antioxidant, helps improves your skin’s elasticity and works as an anti-inflammatory. Read more here.
- Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract – Marine based ingredient known for anti-inflammatory properties.
- Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract – Natural skin conditioner that offers moisturizing benefits.
The product is packaged in a plastic tube with a thin nozzle dispenser for controlled dispensing. This is a thoughtful design element because the consistency of the product is of a thin runny liquid which otherwise would have gone all over the place in a conventional tube. The tube package and the consistency is very similar to the L’Oreal Paris UV Perfect Aqua Essence.
This product has a very strong initial burst of fragrance, which to be honest I don’t like! But thankfully the fragrance settles in sometime and is not noticeable after the first few minutes.
This product is exceptionally lightweight and sinks into the skin in just a few pats. Surprisingly the product always remains cool, so feels quite refreshing on application. It gives a semi matte finish without stickiness, greasiness or any streaking. Despite the Titanium Dioxide absolutely no white cast whatsoever which is a huge point in the favor of this sunscreen.
I generally use a moisturizer before putting a sunscreen so I can’t comment on how moisturizing this would be on its own, but I can tell, by itself it won’t suffice for the dry skinned folks. Currently I am using NMF by The Ordinary and over it I layer the sunscreen. This product layers wonderfully and in times when I have to wear makeup over it the Foundation/ BB Cream/ Powder Foundation all sit very well on top.
- Lightweight Texture
- Thoughtful packaging
- Zero white-cast
- Added Fragrance
- Not easily available in India
Safe to say that I am a fan of this Sunscreen! It feels great doesn’t give a white cast, works well over moisturizer and under makeup. Only problem is the overwhelming fragrance! If someone from Loveisderma ever reads this please consider reformulating without the fragrance and you have a winner!
If you have tried this I would love to know your thoughts and also let me know the other sunscreens you guys have loved.